CHÂTEAU TROPLONG MONDOT
Aymeric de Gironde & Remy Monribot
History and Terroir
The vineyard dates back to 1700, and the 18th-century château belonged to the de Sèze family until it was acquired by wine merchant Julien Troplong, who added his name to the château’s in 1832. The estate stayed in the Troplong family for another 200 years until 1934, when it was taken over by the Valette family. In 2006, Troplong Mondot was classified a Fifth Growth in the Saint-Emilion ranking, making it one of just 18 among the thousands of châteaux in Saint-Émilion.